The?AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate?is sometimes also known as the AWS Associate Solutions Architect (ASA). It?provides a good?test of your knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS). This is a great benefit for job hunters looking for work. It also provides a way for potential employers to quickly find candidates with the right skill set.
Exam Techniques for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Exam
As with every multiple-choice exam, there are techniques which can help:
- Amazon provides details on the length of the test and the number of questions. Have an idea of how long to spend on each question. Also understand how far through the test you expect to be at a specific time.?Timing isn’t critical on this exam.
- If you can’t answer a specific question, guess it, tag it for later review and move on. If you never go back to it, you still might get the right answer. I found that later questions provided hints. They helped me answer earlier questions?that I’d previously marked for review.
- If you lose focus, close your eyes, stretch, roll your head around and take a few deep breaths.
- Don’t be afraid to change the answer to a question. Both research and statistics have shown that changing an answer improves the test score more often than not (although not by much!)
- Try to narrow down the number of possibly correct answers. With?the?Associate Solutions Architect (ASA) exam, this is relatively simple.
- Once all the questions have been answered:
- Review the tagged questions. Since they were tagged, your brain may have dredged up the answer while you were answering other questions.
- Next, review the questions with multiple answers. One mistake here costs the entire question. Make sure with the “Select Two” or “Select Three” type questions have the right two or three selected.
- Finally, you may want to quickly run through all the questions as a final pass. This allow for review of questions that weren’t tagged.
For more details on the exam, see here.